Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chunky Hat

It took a bit of doing but I finally managed to make my 58yds stretch to complete this hat. It did not take long to make. I used a size N crochet hook. I am finding out though, that I need to make my thick parts of the yarn a little thinner. It would be a little easier to crochet for this type of project and also easier on my hands. I really had to work in some places. But it was lots of fun and I have completed my first blog project!

Next up is a vest out of some fiber I felted. It was already dyed when I bought the batt so I used my needlefelting machine to felt onto Vilene. It is a washable stabilizer. All the pieces are ready to go now to finish the design.

Also I am spinning another thick and thin yarn for a scarf. More on that later.

No comments: