Monday, June 16, 2014

The feeling of creating!

I love the thrill of creating something new. The adrenaline starts when the idea comes. Then the thrill of gathering all the materials and sitting down for that first creative session. One of the things I really like doing is spinning yarn. I don't get much time to do that so it is always exciting when I finish something. This yarn was inspired from some Cotswold locks I had dyed bright green. I have been wanting to try core spinning again and using locks would make the yarn look really cool, if I was successful! So I consulted a video about it...again...and sat down at my lovely spinning wheel. As with anything, it was slow going at first. The thing is with core spinning, you have to take it slow. That was good for me as I tend to be going all the time. It was a great chance to just sit and enjoy the moment. Soon I was getting it. YEAH! What a thrill it was. I filled that bobbin and still had locks left over. So I did another one. Now I have enough yarn to actually make something....sometime...that's another adventure. Do you think I was successful??

 
 
Happy Creating!
Anita

No comments: