Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Doggie Bootie

I have digressed from my usual projects. Our dog Teddy has a sore on his front paw. It is on the pad...kinda like a brush burn. The vet said there is no infection but he is walking on it like we would in our bare feet. So I needed to get him a doggie bootie. My husband asked "Can't you make one?" Well...I said...probably. So off to the internet I went in search of a pattern. Well....there are lots of patterns, as one would expect from the internet. The first one was sewn and make out of felt. It was fair but having a hard time staying on. It didn't help that our other dog, Ebby, a black lab, kept untying it and trying to pull it off. It was drying on the register one day and she took it and chewed it up. so I made another one...it was too long and I had to modify it. IT works fair.  I decided to crochet him one. It is OK....I need to modify it somewhat. Here are some pictures of him in his COOL boot.....However, he does not think it is cool!

No comments: