Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tunisian crochet

Hello,





Well, once again I have gotten behind in my writing...oh how time flies. Since my last post about TNNA I have been doing Tunisian Crochet. It was something I learned there last year. It has finally caught on at the shop and two weekends ago I held two classes. It is such a fun and easy technique. One lady I have spoken with from the class already has her scarf done. I will be holding more classes on this technique and posting some pictures of projects you can do with it.

This past weekend I was able to attend the Pittsburgh Knit and crochet festival. It is always energizing to see so many beautiful yarns and fibers! It was exciting so see new funky and glitter yarns. Those who know me, know I love to glitz it up! I had the pleasure of meeing Steven Berg from the Yarn Garage! What energy.....I am currently working on a project using Plymouth Yarn's Joy Prism. What fun....it's like knitting with a ribbon instead of a yarn but it is very easy. I can't wait to show off the finished product. I was pleased to meet a lady who does really cool things with the continuous weaving method. This is something I do and you have seen the looms in the shop. The pieces were very wearable and stylish! Of course there were so many yarns....and yarns....and yarns....of every kind and color! My head is just spinning right now as so many projects are going through my head. Look for some of these new yarns and projects to show up at the shop!!!!

No comments: