Sunday, August 4, 2013

August already!

Hello Fiber Friends!

Can it be that August is here already? Where has this summer gone? It seems like only yesterday we were in Gettysburg for the 150th Anniversary re-enactment. I went with my husband and his family. We were the re-enactors. What an awesome experience. It was something to talk about for a long time. Here we are in our outfits at the 154th NY volunteer Inf. memorial
We aren't really grumpy...it was very hot!!!
So what else have I been up to? Well I have been knitting a lot. I got hooked on Noro yarn and have quite a bit of it in the shop! Here is a project I just finished using Taiyo.

I also started Nuno Felting. I really love it. Of course I love anything related to fiber :-) I did a class at the shop and it was a good time. The ladies all made their own scarves. They did an awesome job. I plan on making more smaller art pieces for an upcoming show. Here is a scarf I really love:
School is just around the corner. I don't know yet what this year will bring. I need to have a knee replacement so will have to fit that in somewhere. Life sure does take some unusual turns. But for now I will just keep on making ART and enjoying the process!


No comments: